Thursday, May 8, 2008

If You Live Through This............

I have been doing a substantial amount of work regarding the draft lately. I have been setting up workouts, talking to scouts, traveling, watching games, talking to more scouts, occasionally sleeping, suspending my social calendar, traveling some more, investigating leads, sleeping some more, scouting more games, eating bread, skating on tar roads, and finally crashing back at home at some point in time. The draft is an arduous process and I honestly cannot wait until June 6th when it's done with and I have 364 days until tomorrow.

The pro guys are all doing well so as it seems everything is going to plan. I have to go to California, Las Vegas, and Arizona starting on Saturday then I will return to watch the HS state tourney in florida when I return. After that the Florida HS all star game then two weeks until the draft.

Finished John Buccigross's baseball card deal. The most rewarding part of that was when Donruss paid him his money (read this line in your best Dr. Nick voice)

Bought some more Dvd's for my birthday this week (I'm not there, Comedians of Comedy, Dead Man) Cant wait to watch them on my flights. Ive also been reading a lot of Jean Baudrillard, specifically Simulacra and Simulation. It's a great read and focuses in on the differences as wikipedia wisely notes, reality, symbols and society. God I love Philosophy.

"The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth--it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true."

Mahalo

J

No comments: