Thursday, May 22, 2008

No Price Is Too High To Pay For The Privilege Of Owning Yourself.

May is taking forever this year. I have been on the road, I have been on my bed, I have been everyone it seems instead. I'm exhausted beyond belief. I am satisfied I survived my road trip. By the time I hit Nevada for round two I came down with a very bad sickness. I am still not sure what it is but it's nagging for sure. The day I got back I slept in bed all day then hit the road in the morning to watch my HS in the state championship up in Sarasota. The first game a player our firm is advising dominated and the second day another player we're advising exploded for two home runs and two pickoffs (he's a catcher). Tomorrow I am on the road again to Seabring Florida for the FACA all star game where both players will be playing in front of scouts for the last time before the draft. We're almost at the finish line and I think everything is going to plan.

We've had some injuries to our pro guys this month which has been disappointing. A few guys have been shuffled around but thankfully nobody was dropped. It's been a good year so far.

I havent commented on this yet publicly so I may as well do it here. We had a player get a 50 game suspension for failing an mlb drug test. It's been difficult to deal with it because you're not really sure how you're supposed to feel. Should I have known? Is it my fault for not knowing? I certainly was not ignoring anything and I didnt have a hand in it but I will do everything I can to get this kid better. He has apologized to his team and to me but its going to be a very big career obstacle to overcome now. I hope he figures it out because I do know he's sorry. And not just sorry for getting caught, sorry for doing it in the first place.

Thats all for now, will try to update more this week on the road

Mahalo

J

PS Go see the new Indiana Jones movie and... here is a clip from the radiohead show I was at.

No comments: