Sunday, May 25, 2008

To Be Is To Do

I'm back home. Mildly refreshed with a side of disillusionment. Im exhausted but I'm actually quite tired of that feeling. I'm looking forward to better feelings. I think I can see them already.....


Stephen Chapman hit his 7th home run of the season. I told chappy Id give him 500.00 dollars if he hit 10 in Brevard. Don't underestimate this man. He will play in the big leagues. Taylor Green hit his 4th home run of the season. Not only is Taylor an exception hitter (obvious) He is a very very special defender (not obvious). I have seen him make play after play at 3b so I can only imagine if he is ever moved back to second base how much he'll flourish.

On an overflowing with awesome note, I got to watch Luis Pena pitch on TV tonight. For some reason the Memphis Nashville game was one and I got to watch Luis..... Allow a run, walk a guy, then get out of the Jam in the most awesome of fashion. He K'd the last hitter to end the inning, proceeded to do this amazing fist pump which was part ray lewis part Joba Chamberlin and then get into a shouting match with the player he had just K'd. It was baseball at its absolute finest. I called Luis after the game to talk about it and he had no idea how hilarious it was. Let me assure you, it was hilarious.

I go to go to the FACA all star game in Sebring (time consuming but important) and then headed to St Lucie for the mets pre draft workout. I usually shy away from workouts as a whole but there were some monetary considerations that enticed me to advise our client to go there. We'll see if I was right but I am never going to a workout again. The worst thing I saw there was a 2009 draft prospect. As a whole, and this is the free advice of the day. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER send an underclassman to a predraft workout. No good can come of it and any advisor who suggests going to one needs to be fired, dragged to the streets by an angry torch carrying mob, and beaten worse than reginald denny. It upsets me that these kids get taken advantage of at such a young age but what can you do? I can only continue to do my job the way it makes sense to me. If people hire me, great, if not, theres always tomorrow.

Mahalo

J

1 comment:

J's said...

You have really worked hard and I hope it all works out for you and yours. Remember though, in the end you can not trust anyone and sometimes not even yourself or your judgement.
Unfortunately, people are people.

J's