Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hate Your Enemies, Save Your Friends, Find Your Place, Speak The Truth.

Opening day for the minors today. I'm headed to Daytona to watch Brevard play. I have several players on both teams and look forward to getting the season started. Now comes the long part of the year where I check box scores until 2 am every day. Fun Fun.

On a hilarious note, I do play fantasy baseball but as an agent I do have an unfair advantage. Ive been banned from most keeper leagues Ive ever been in so I have resorted to co-gm status so I can still sneek in.

Watched a heartbreaking HS game today. My high school (#1 ranked in the country) lost to a vastly inferior team. They were robbed by some shoddy calls but they should have pulled it out. There was one incredibly special moment in the game, however. With two outs left in the game and down to their final out the 9 hole hitter stepped up and hit a game tying home run which was his 12th of the season. He is far better than a 9 hole hitter but if it helps the team win having him there then I guess the ends justify the means. Watching that moment unfold was special It teaches you something about the redemptive nature of baseball. Here is a kid who has endured and persevered to make himself the player he currently is today. I've known the kid and the family for several years and I know how much this year must make everyone involved feel. I wish nothing but the best to the entire family because they deserve it. Really. Lots of scouts were at the game so I got to accomplish some stuff for the players we are advising. The draft is a long time coming but not soon enough.

Work has been great. Still trying to find my place in the world. I'm 25 shouldn't I have it all together already? I found it hard, it's hard to find, oh well, whatever, nevermind.

Res Ipsa Loquitur

J

No comments: