Thursday, March 20, 2008

Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards

Insanely long day today. Trying to rest up for my hell road trip coming up. Thursday Jupiter Friday Ft Lauderdale Friday night Ft. Myers Saturday Tampa Sunday Clearwater Monday Vero and Tuesday home again, finally.

I got to hang out with a couple of good friends at the local bar we frequent when they're down from school. It's nice to occasionally get away from baseball and attempt to have some semblance of a normal life that doesn't involve pro sports. So much of my life is defined by pro sports that people tend to forget I have many interests that have absolutely nothing to do with baseball. I love reading, I love philosophy, I love science and I love movies. Sports sometimes get put on too high of a pedestal that people tend to forget what really is important in life. I'm in no way shape or form trying to be on a soap box here but there is life after baseball believe it or not and that is why education is so important to me. It's not often I get to "shut it off," so I really do appreciate the rare times I get to.

Back to work though, it was another mixed day at the office. Jose Campusano was released by the marlins today in a somewhat stunning move. Campy is an 80 runner with decent instincts in the field. I honestly did not see his release coming and thought he had a shot to be a utility player in the bigs by September. I worked the phones hard today calling every scout I am close with to try to get Campy back with a team. Hopefully the hard work pays off and I can get him back to where he needs to be.

Everything else is on the up and up. For anyone interested (I doubt anyone is) I spent 20.00 on songs at the bar tonight. The set list was..... Pixies,Placebo,Nirvana,Crystal Method, Bloodhound Gang, Bright Eyes, Elliott Smith and the Shins.

All in All

J

No comments: