Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

These are strange times indeed. Ironic danger is all around. Who decides who wins and who loses becomes even blurrier by the second. I stay up until 5 am. I sleep until noon. Every day becoming more and more repetitive the longer I am alive. It's what I signed up for and I am not complaining by any stretch of my rubbery imagination, but man that light at the end of the tunnel seems like it's located somewhere between Antarctica and Venus. I'm working longer hours this year even more than I can remember. The draft is in June, spring training ends this week, the season starts next week and then the real fun begins. I'm not complaining though, it's what I signed up for after all.

I spent today covering the draft again for 7 hours. Watched a massive blowout which would have been more enjoyable had the winning team scored their 10 runs before the last inning. I also spent a good deal of time today trying to figure out when each teams draft workouts would be held. I also was getting a lot of "signability" questions too. The draft is such an arduous process it's amazing anyone gets signed these days. There is so much red tape between associate scouts, area scouts, cross checkers and scouting directors I honestly dont know how teams operate on a daily basis. Whatever they're on their team and I'm on my own and thats all I care about. My side has all the positive momentum and somehow our energy will win out over the opposition. I really believe that or else Id be doing something else in this world.

More scouting tomorrow, will update later.

Mahalo,

J

No comments: