Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring is here again Tender age in bloom

I havent had time to post in a few days. Spring Training finally wrapped up and I cant begin to explain how happy that makes me. Everything is in its place now and I am ready to get the season started. Nothing is static in this game so whatever is promised today doesnt really mean a whole lot tomorrow. It's up to each player to get themselves motivated to play or else they dont stand a chance. It is the Law of the game as they say. Motivation ends at the edge of ones eyelids. Beyond that, they all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. (To paraphrase the great HST as usual).

A big moment came this week when Taylor Green and Lorenzo Cain got called up to a big league game this week for the brewers. It wasnt just any game, it was being broadcast on WGN. I had no idea they were playing until I accidently passed the channel when I got home from work. It was a breathtaking experience seeing Cain on TV after all the years Ive known him all the way back to his days at TCC and Madison HS. Taylor's parents were at the game and I know they could not have been prouder.

Another HS game today too. Total blowout. 19 runs scored by my old HS. Great game played at the field I last played baseball at.

Kind of tired. Going to practice the guitar

Peace Love Empathy.


J

No comments: